Joanna can be found on her website, or you can reach her at info@joannascaparotti.com.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Turn the blahs into playtime!

Over the holidays, a friend sent me a surprise package in the mail that included some very colorful and amusing Oracle cards called "Trust your Vibes" by Sonia Choquette. Most of them make me giggle, so I have been pulling one every morning to start the day off with a chuckle. I recently came across two cards that inspired me to change my perspective on winter. The first one was about scheduling downtime. Choquette points out:
"Your ego generally doesn't approve of downtime because it's asked to give up control, which it doesn't want to do. Rather, it wants to run your life through fear and anxiety, keeping things in your head and under control. Downtime liberates you from this fear based treadmill and reconnects you to the pace and peace of the Universal flow."
Instead, she suggests letting your inner child take over for the ego for a while and using that time to play instead. She says:
"To... instantly restore good vibrations, all you need is a serious dose of recreation and playtime. Rather than continuing to relentlessly press against the uphill battles of life, it's necessary to back off at regular intervals and do something fun. This gives your ego a break and allows your creative spirit to incubate...
I've been hearing it from everyone and have even been complaining about it myself - the winter blahs are here! We're all tired of the cold dreary days. We feel lethargic, unmotivated and bored, isolated and make ourselves unhappy with our mental clutter. Let's take advantage of the natural downtime provided by winter, shut off our egos and invite our inner children out to play!

If you need something to do - check out the Evening of Relaxation and Fun that my colleagues and I have put together.

By the way if you're interested in picking up your own deck of Vibe cards, you can find them here:

No comments:

what people are saying...

"Empower. Joanna, I feel that you have helped EMPOWER us and overcome some of the limiting things that we've had within ourselves. I know that this is a major part of reiki and our mission as self-healers and the healing of others. " - Jen C

Click here to read more of what my clients are saying...