Joanna can be found on her website, or you can reach her at info@joannascaparotti.com.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

To be or not to be...

Do your New Year's Resolutions increase the size of your "to do" list? Consider an alternative approach to starting the year off right - set the tone for 2008 with an affirmative "to be" intention or two instead. For example, take a look at some of the intentions I've held over the years.

This year, I intend...
  • to be mindful of what I consume
  • to be moderate and balanced in my choices
  • to be diligent about self-care
  • to be able to go with the flow of challenges and opportunities as life brings them
  • to be calm and compassionate
  • to be grateful every day
  • to be open to change and growth
  • to be brave and step outside my comfort zone and self-imposed limitations
  • to be someone who breathes fully and slowly
I put my intentions somewhere that I can see them, such as on the wall in my office, and re-intend them every day. You could also put them on a bookmark that you use regularly, up on a mirror, on your closet door, on a piece of paper you carry in your bag, etc... Through your daily attention to your intentions, you organize events and circumstances in your life around them. Your intentions become priorities and manifest in your body and your life. By affirming how you'd like "to be" this year, you can become.

Take a look at previous posts about thoughts and emotions as intentions, how highly successful people use intentions and affirmations, or using them to create healthy habits.

No comments:

what people are saying...

"Empower. Joanna, I feel that you have helped EMPOWER us and overcome some of the limiting things that we've had within ourselves. I know that this is a major part of reiki and our mission as self-healers and the healing of others. " - Jen C

Click here to read more of what my clients are saying...