Joanna can be found on her website, or you can reach her at info@joannascaparotti.com.

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Checklist for letting go of clutter

Getting rid of my stuff is hard to do! If it were easy to do this, my house (and probably yours) would not be so cluttered and overstuffed in the first place! How do you decide to whether it's time to let go of something or not?

The technique I've developed is using a quick priority checklist. Here's what you do: Make a list of your top priorities for your home or office. Mine are comfort, breathing room, easy to find, and currently useful in my life. What are your priorities?

For each item that you are evaluating - run down the checklist. Does it meet any of your criteria? Yes, then keep it. If it doesn't, let it go. It is only taking up space and contributing to unnecessary complexity in your life.

In fact, this checklist comes in handy when you're considering investing in a new item. If it doesn't meet any of your criteria - then don't let it become clutter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!!!!!!

"comfort, breathing room, easy to find, and currently useful in my life."

what people are saying...

"Empower. Joanna, I feel that you have helped EMPOWER us and overcome some of the limiting things that we've had within ourselves. I know that this is a major part of reiki and our mission as self-healers and the healing of others. " - Jen C

Click here to read more of what my clients are saying...