Joanna can be found on her website, or you can reach her at info@joannascaparotti.com.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Write your new story

Last week I talked about the power of writing a new story that you tell yourself about who you are and what you can accomplish and experience in your life. If you're still not living the courageous, authentic, joyful life that you want to be living, it is time for you to write your new story. Some of you have heard my transformational story before, but it's a great example of the process of writing a new story. So here it is again.

In 2007, I decided to write a new story about myself as a successful private practitioner who helped other people experience wellness and inspiration all the while living a healthy, balanced lifestyle of my own. I didn't consciously know it at the time, but hanging up a shingle meant that I had to face and clean out societal conditioning and self-worth issues. With each step I took towards "legitimizing" my practice, another fear, limiting belief, or doubt would pop up. The first six months were mostly full of trial and error, facing fears and limiting beliefs and my own personal growth into the role of practitioner.

In addition to the inner clean up work that I had to go through in order to confidently offer my services to others, I had to learn how to run a business too. There are so many authorities on how to run a business out there - it was confusing and overwhelming. I listened to what the experts said, and I tried this or that technique, bought client attraction and marketing systems from "experts", and doubted that I really had what it takes to practice in a way that served others and myself.

I did build a private practice quickly, but after injuring myself towards the end of the first year with overwork and poor body mechanics at the Reiki table, I realized that the only way this new story was going to really work for me and create the life I wanted was if it was built on my values and aligned with what was healthy for me.

With the help of my mentor, I learned how to go within to find my own Inner Voice of Authority and start making decisions and taking actions that truly aligned my practice with my beliefs and values. My mentor helped me clear away the roadblocks that caused my old story to repeat itself and truly learn how to write my new story.

When some of my Reiki students were ready to start practices of their own, I found a deeper calling than I had heard before. I realized that I could assist them in the process of becoming a practitioner and business owner by showing them how to listen to their Inner Voice of Authority and use it to write their own story of success and fulfillment instead of spending months, maybe years, listening to all the experts about what they should be doing to become a successful practitioner.

Truly, there's a transformation process that we each have to go through, like a caterpiller becoming a butterfly, in order to write and step into our new stories. It requires a shift in perspective and understanding on the deepest level about ourselves, our motivations, desires and our fears and limiting beliefs.

My process Clearing your Path for Success guides practitioners who are stuck in their old story through a 5 step process to identify the new story they desire, find their inner voice of authority, identify the roadblocks (fears, limiting beliefs, external pressure) keeping them stuck in the old story, work through the roadblocks to clear their path, and then write and step into their new story.

This process gives my clients the courage and confidence to live the lives they desire and do the work they love and feel called to do in a way that not only serves others but supports their own lives as well. Clearing Your Path for Success can take you step by step through the transformational process of clearing out your old story and writing your new story. It will quickly begin to create momentum and attract the energy you need to step into your new story. The best part about the process, in my opinion, is that it empowers you to find and overcome your roadblocks, access your inner voice, and make decisions from your heart.

If you are struggling with stepping into a new story in your life or your life or your practice, I invite you to sign up for the online class version of Clearing your Path for Success that starts March 1st. All the details and link to the registration form are here: Write your New Story!

No comments:

what people are saying...

"Empower. Joanna, I feel that you have helped EMPOWER us and overcome some of the limiting things that we've had within ourselves. I know that this is a major part of reiki and our mission as self-healers and the healing of others. " - Jen C

Click here to read more of what my clients are saying...