Joanna can be found on her website, or you can reach her at info@joannascaparotti.com.

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Empowering the world one person at a time

This weekend I was blessed with the opportunity to share Reiki with a number of people who had never experienced it before. It's such a pleasure for me to create a peaceful space for relaxation and introduce people to energywork. My mother hosted my first Reiki home relaxation party, and the format worked really well. Once everyone arrived, I gave an introduction to how we exist on an energetic level and an overview of Reiki as a modality for wellness. I liked how there was time to answer everyone's questions, so that everyone's curiosity and concerns were addressed before we did the sessions. There is usually not enough time for in depth discussion about Reiki at the community clinics because of the volume of people coming through. Also, having a group of people contributing adds a lot to the discussion because things get brought up in that setting that may not come up one-on-one. I think the discussion adds a deeper level of awareness to the Reiki experience. I'm inspired by this weekend to find other opportunities to present about Reiki - such as community settings in addition to future home parties.

No comments:

what people are saying...

"Empower. Joanna, I feel that you have helped EMPOWER us and overcome some of the limiting things that we've had within ourselves. I know that this is a major part of reiki and our mission as self-healers and the healing of others. " - Jen C

Click here to read more of what my clients are saying...