Joanna can be found on her website, or you can reach her at info@joannascaparotti.com.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Your energy diet

Have you every noticed a difference in how you feel after eating junk or deep fried food compared to eating nutrient rich whole foods? I bet most of you have noticed that you feel more energized, focused and have more stamina after eating nourishing foods, and that you're more tired, maybe even lethargic, after eating foods that don't provide built in fuel for digestion. Just like food, the energetic "food" in your environment can either nourish or deplete you.

As energetic beings, we absorb a lot from our environment whether we are aware of it or not. Environmental diets consist of "foods" such as noises, smells, visual impressions, rays from technological devices (televisions, cell phone, lap tops, microwaves, etc...) and power lines, sensations on our skin from air, fabric, temperature, and emotions and moods from people around us, and much much more.

Have you ever thought about your daily environmental diet and whether it nourishes or depletes you? I invite you to pay attention this week to the "food" in your environmental diet and think about whether it has a positive or negative impact on you.

Right now, I'm listening to a recording of Mozart against a backdrop of ocean waves while working in my peaceful studio overlooking a garden. Can you see birds and trees outside your window too or are you looking at the drab gray walls of your cubicle? Is the background noise soothing or is there loud construction noise in the background or many people talking all around you in the office as you try to focus? Have you encountered someone cranky today and taken some of that mood with you? What else do you notice?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the gentle reminder...I do notice that I tend to carry others moods along with me long after contact.
Sometimes the residue is nourishing, comforting, and inspiring; sometimes I can be left feeling frustrated, angered or saddened.
I need to recall often and well that I am empowered to let residue from any contact flow through me- experiencing it fully, and the letting what does not enhance ....dissipate.

what people are saying...

"Empower. Joanna, I feel that you have helped EMPOWER us and overcome some of the limiting things that we've had within ourselves. I know that this is a major part of reiki and our mission as self-healers and the healing of others. " - Jen C

Click here to read more of what my clients are saying...