Joanna can be found on her website, or you can reach her at info@joannascaparotti.com.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Beyond Avoidance

December 20 Prompt: Beyond avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)

In 2010, I really allowed myself to enjoy life from all angles. I especially enjoyed food with good company, and I didn't push myself to be disciplined about food. Instead of working to lose weight to make pain management easier, I let myself gain weight by having a whole lot of fun. It was definitely the right move for rejuvenating my spirit after a couple of rough emotional years. Now my body has reached a point where it's telling me that the pain would be better managed if the weight came off, and if the foods I'm sensitive to (like sugar) are kept out of my diet. I believe I need to buckle down and get disciplined about eating habits and find other ways to keep a daily sense of enjoyment in my life that isn't related to food.

No comments:

what people are saying...

"Empower. Joanna, I feel that you have helped EMPOWER us and overcome some of the limiting things that we've had within ourselves. I know that this is a major part of reiki and our mission as self-healers and the healing of others. " - Jen C

Click here to read more of what my clients are saying...