Joanna can be found on her website, or you can reach her at info@joannascaparotti.com.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Reverb 10: Let Go

December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)

I let go of suffering this year. 2008 and 2009 were very difficult years for me. It is no secret that I experienced a lot of pain. The pain was accompanied by suffering; emotional anguish, anger, depression, and helplessness. I believed that they were inseparable. Then one day something happened - I found peace with the pain. By surrendering my resistance, magically suffering disappeared even though there was no wondrous resolution for the ongoing physical pain. I allowed myself to accept the situation completely ~ my body is in pain but I am alive and well ~ without judgement, without needing it to change. I no longer had to wait for the pain to go away in order to live my life and enjoy myself. Paradoxically, the more fun I have the less pain I experience. I still have chronic pain the challenges that come with it, but my life is magical and full of love, laughter, and joy. Through acceptance, pain has returned to it's proper role as a messenger in my body instead of the demon making life miserable.

No comments:

what people are saying...

"Empower. Joanna, I feel that you have helped EMPOWER us and overcome some of the limiting things that we've had within ourselves. I know that this is a major part of reiki and our mission as self-healers and the healing of others. " - Jen C

Click here to read more of what my clients are saying...