Joanna can be found on her website, or you can reach her at info@joannascaparotti.com.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Future Self

December 21 Prompt: Future self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?)

If I could write a note to my younger self 10 years ago about the most important thing she could do, I would advise her to trust her intuition. I would point out how each time she faced a decision or choice, she had a deep knowing about whether it would work out or not. Many times she ignored the red flags and the quiet intuition and convinced herself to give it a try, hopeful that she could change people or situations or herself to make it work out. Until she learns to listen to and trust her intuition, she is going to spend a lot of time and energy trying to make things work that aren't going to work. The sooner she lets her intuition guide her, the sooner she will live a life that is harmonious, enjoyable and peaceful.

Five years from now I see myself settled into a wonderful, cozy home near the ocean and parks with a family that includes pets. My business is thriving, and though it's busy, it is very fulfilling work that supports my life. From the settled place I see myself in 5 years from now, I would advise my current self to continue to put down roots and make decisions based on where I want to be - not where I am today. I would suggest I think about things like: where can I cut expenses and save more money towards a down payment on a house? am I investing enough time and energy in my romantic relationship to build the foundation for a thriving family? am I working too much? working too little? am I doing enough self-care to sustain all the aspects of my life that are important to me such as my friends and family, my work, and my creative pursuits?

No comments:

what people are saying...

"Empower. Joanna, I feel that you have helped EMPOWER us and overcome some of the limiting things that we've had within ourselves. I know that this is a major part of reiki and our mission as self-healers and the healing of others. " - Jen C

Click here to read more of what my clients are saying...